Thursday, October 2, 2014

Mittens vs. Gloves

For my son, the choice was easy, because who wants to try and get a one year old to get all his fingers into the holes of a glove. So I made him mittens. For me, the choice is not so easy. I used to be a smoker. So gloves were a must b/c you just can not smoke in mittens, unless you want to hold it between your thumb and the rest of your fingers and that's just getting too complicated. Now I'm trying to decide if I absolutely need a pair of gloves or if I can go the easy route and make mittens. I'm one of those people who has exteremely cold hands and feet so I always end up wearing fingerless gloves underneath too. But how dexterous do you really need to be during the winter? What else do we do in the snow? I mean I know I'll be shoveling snow and making snowmen. I'll have to open doors, but do I really need to take the time to make gloves?

So I'm asking you what do you prefer? Mittens, gloves, or glittens? At least that's what I call them. Those fingerless gloves with the little flip tops. I'd like to hear your opinions.

Also a picture of the mittens I made for my son (my pattern, yet to be written up). It's a very simple pattern, but I couldn't find very many simple ones for toddlers. He is not a fan, but he has a bunny I made him using the same yarn and seed stitch pattern. So I told him they were just like his bunny and he seemed to warm up to them a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment