Sunday, October 5, 2014

What's for Dinner?

I am a huge fan of crockpot cooking. I take 10-20 mins in the morning and throw some stuff in and the rest of my day is free until dinner. The only thing I've never made in the crockpot is (weirdly enough) soup. I love soup. It's my favorite thing to make. But I never make it in the crockpot. Anyway...food. Something else you should know about my cooking is I am not a fan of pork or beef. I eat them occasionally, but I especially hate ground beef. I know it's unamerican, but my mom was a crazy dieter when I was a kid. She spent a few years only using ground turkey or chicken and I haven't been the same since. So this isn't necessairly healthy, but it is delicious and easy. I know a lot of people go for fast food for convenience, but I find this to be just as convenient so share b/c it's cheaper and easier to just be prepared.


Now I do change one thing for this recipe and that is I use mixed frozen vegetables instead of just green beans. My son isn't a huge fan of green beans so he would never eat it if I used only the green beans. And sometimes I use chicken thighs because they're cheaper. It is delicious all the same and I'm sure you could swap out any kind of frozen vegetable. Fall is an especially great time for cooking with a crockpot. So go forth and cook easy delicious meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment